Thursday 31 May 2012

May Roses....

Well the weather has been glorious here the last 10 day, sunshine abounds! Well until today.....overcast and a weak drizzle the kind of rain you don't think you're getting wet until you get home and you're soaked to the skin :(

With this in mind my crochet has been pretty sporadic, little projects that I can take with me as we head out to enjoy the rare sunshine, I started my Summer Bunting sitting in the glorious Brecon Beacons National park as the OH took my mum's dog Max on a long ramble up the mountains. It was wonderful to sit quietly hooking as the world and their dogs passed me buy......



Isn't it glorious? I love this place fields, mountains, peace and quiet.......wonderful :)



Here's my bunting, not to everyone's taste but it suits my colourful kitchen perfectly :) Sorry about the picture quality I meant to take a picture before I hung it up and it's not easy to take it back down now!



I've also been playing with Lucy's May Roses pattern, I love it so easy with fantastic quick results. Here's my Rose Brooch hooked up in an afternoon sitting in the garden sipping pink lemonade :)


I added a felt back and attached a brooch back I had knocking around in my jewellery supplies. I love it and I couldn't resist adding the pearl beads, though next time I'll use embroidery thread for a neater finish. I've made a few more roses and I'm planning to hook them all together as a flowery bunting for the mantelpiece...




these little beauties were hooked up as we were travelling to Saundersfoot in West Wales, we're planning a few days away in a few weeks time and went to check out the caravan we'll be staying in - its HUGE! I swear the living room in the caravan is bigger than my Mam's at home! lol


Anyway here's a sneaky little peak at the sleepy harbour town of Saundersfoot.....



The Seagulls made as laugh as they dive bombed us and swooped past frighteningly close!

After a wonderful lunch at the Hean Castle, we jumped back in the car and headed to the next harbour town of Tenby. This is much busier town, but has some amazing shops full of crafty heaven! I fell in love with this little Rainbow Pig Money-box in a shop called Equinox, and he's now living on my aforementioned mantelpiece....



The town looked wonderful in the sunshine and they had bunting strewn across the roads ready for the Queen's Jubilee this coming Tuesday. I'll be honest I'm already a bit weary of the Union Flag banded everywhere, but I felt in this setting it looked so perfect as if it should and always had been there..






Now that's bunting!

I've just thought I should really have split this into two posts, sorry if it's long winded but I haven't posted for a while now and I have so much to upload and type about! What do you think? I'm new to blogging and would love to know your views, are there too many pictures, too much rambling......


Anyway I'm off to cook the OH's dinner and spend the evening curled up with some hooky.....as the weather's turned I might even start my ripple...Laters xx

No comments:

Post a Comment