Thursday 17 May 2012

Lucy Pack....

So happy this morning as my 'Lucy Pack' arrived today from Deramores, oh the colours :) oh oh oh.


As I opened the package this was my first little peak.....


Can you see that lovely pink hiding underneath.....oohhh.



and then this...




and then the full 17 Lucy colours plus a yellow and white I already have......




 equals 19 wonderful colours....


Oh Oh Oh! Can you tell I'm excited? Lol These gorgeous colours will all blend and contrast to become a wonderful new blanket :)



I can't wait to start this new blanket, but which pattern?? Which one do I make?? I just finished a BIG Granny Stripe ...........


though this was in a mix match of all sorts of dk and every time I stitched a stripe of Stylecraft Special I was determined my next blanket would be all Stylecraft! I loved the smoothness, the glossiness, the bright colours!

So do I plump for a Ripple or the Summer garden Granny or something completely different.....? I'm currently making this cushion cover, and I'm thinking a blanket, with LARGE spots! After The Stripe I want to make a blanket from motifs so......mmmhhh...... decisions decisions......

Oh I just thought, what if your thinking 'who is this Lucy who has a yarn pack named after her?'  Sorry. Lucy is a blogger and her wonderfully inspirational blog is here Attic24 I love Lucy's use of colours I find them bright and cheery for those dark days and living in the Valleys of South Wales we have lots of dark rainy days! lol You'll probably find me rambling on about Attic24 quite a bit every time she posts a new project I want to jump right in and make my own though they're never quite as wonderful, but they were made by me, by my own fair hands and I think they make my home cosy with little pockets of home-spun style :)

Oh no! Got to go, I've got washing on the line and surprise surprise it's started to rain :(

Laters xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your thought processes and buying patterns are practically identical to mine!! I bought 4 extra colours + white and cream from Deramores around that date and have started a neat ripple, such a relief to be just using Stylecraft after the various stiff acrylics in my flowery throw! I have been meaning to start a craft blog after so many years of only blogging business stuff, far more exciting. I await the photos of your progress!

    Fiona (KnitKnatKnotUK on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fiona, thank you for your kind words, we must be kindred spirits :) I love your flowery throw and may have to pester you for the pattern :D I haven't started my ripple yet it's been way too warm here (which is sooo rare!)But the yarn keeps calling to me, and the weather's turned cloudy so I may start very soon! Let me know if you have/do set up a blog I'd love to have a read x Jo

      Delete